Does one or more of these Statements sound like you?
- I enjoyed what I did in College, but I haven’t a clue what do now that I am finished.
- Most of my friends are doing post grad but I am not sure if this is for me.
- I am not sure if my course was for me. I think I might try to change career by doing a post graduate course.
- I think I want to work straight away but don’t know what work environment might suit me.
- Everybody else here seems to know what they want to do, I am the only one that is lost.
- If at least one of these statements rings true, then this service is for you!
No matter how confused you feel at the moment, you now have the opportunity to take the next step on the path towards a career you will love. We are here to help you do that!
Our mission is to help you identify your natural talents and to use these in a career you love.
- Research has shown that when we use our natural skills and talents in the workplace, we are more comfortable.
- When we are more comfortable we are more productive.
- When we are more productive we are happier.
- We will help you to tap into your natural skills and grow to love your career.
- For 25 years we have helped thousands of people to find their career direction; we would love to work with you too!
How the Career Assessment System helps you Find a Course you Love
- Through our expert Career Assessment System you identify your natural skills and talents. In other words, you find out what are the activities you do best and enjoy most.
- We explore careers which will utilise these natural skills to best effect.
- We discover which career activities you are most interested in, and which work environment would call for these.
- We identify work environments that are most compatible with your personality.
- Perhaps for the first time, you discover which intelligences you are strongest in. These are natural intelligences that you are using all the time, perhaps without realising it. We show you how to put these intelligences to work in ways that you will really enjoy.
- We explore what motivates you on a deep level and research what career would allow you to develop this passion.
- We look at what you would like to achieve in your personal life and plan for a stimulating interaction between your personal life and your career goals.
Once we identify exactly where you want to go in terms of work, we then explore which courses will get you there. We look at:
- Which courses you would really enjoy studying.
- Which courses would be the most useful and highly regarded in terms of your future career.
- Whether you would like to study nearer home or whether you would be open to going abroad.
- If you do not wish to continue to study, we identify the most suitable work environment for you.
How does the Career Assessment System Work?
The Career Assessment System consists of two stages:
1. The Assessment Stage
2. The Feedback Stage
We use scientifically validated psychometric testing.
We guarantee the highest quality of information for you to make a sound decision.
1. The Assessment Stage:
This stage consists of 4 questionnaires which will be completed by you before we meet. These are all completed online. These take on average two hours to complete altogether, but you can also complete them one by one.
These psychometric questionnaires have been approved by the British Psychological Society.
It is important to bear in mind that there is no such thing as a “bad” result. Whatever scores emerge for you are the perfect ones.
1. The Interest Inventory:
You discover what work environment you would naturally gravitate towards if all blocks and obstacles were taken out of your way. This profile reveals career areas which would excite and stimulate you.
2. The Personality Profile:
This profile tracks your natural personality traits. You will feel most comfortable when you are using these aspects of your personality.
Every work environment calls for different mind sets. We explore work environments in which you will use your most comfortable personality traits to best effect.
3. The Motivation Questionnaire:
This profile shows what values are most important to you. For you to be happy, your career must reflect your deepest values. This will allow you to commit to your career in the longer term and to be most effective, productive and happy.
4. Natural Intelligences:
There are many different intelligences. This profile shows which intelligences you use most naturally, probably without even realizing it.
By identifying these intelligences, you can then choose a career that uses these to best effect. When you put these intelligences to use in the work place, you feel more comfortable and happy. You may even discover aspects of yourself that you previously thought were weaknesses, could in fact be strengths!
These questionnaires are completed online, and can be done in your own time. Once they are complete, you send them back to us. We then compile all of this data into a comprehensive report which will be explored at the Feedback Stage.
Cost of first stage: €300.00
You may discover that aspects of yourself that you previously thought were weaknesses, could in fact be strengths!
2. The Feedback Stage:
The Feedback stage is 100% tailored to your needs and expectations. The duration of this session is usually 2 hours. There are 4 stages:
We explore your experience in school and in college in order identify the strengths you have used to date. We discuss the achievements you are most proud of and how you would like to develop these in your future studies.
2. Identifying Strength Patterns:
We study the scores of each questionnaire in depth. We look at your overall patterns of Strengths and Talents and see how these can map out onto your future College Course Choice and eventual Career.
3. Career Action Plan.
The Career Action Plan will include:
- A list of website links of post graduate courses that are most suitable to you.
- We map out how the course will lead you towards the path best suited to you.
- We construct the “Safety Net System to College Application”. This is a system we have devised whereby you will aim for the course you most want. However, we will also insert a Plan B, Plan C and Plan D. These plans will cover all eventualities and make sure that you will have maximum choice at College entrance time.
- We explore extracurricular activities that may be useful for access to each course.
- If you wish to start working straight away, we analyse all of your assessment patterns and identify a career that you would most enjoy.
When you attend the Career Assessment System feedback session, we also provide the option of feedback to your parents, if you so wish.
4. Final Report:
When our session is completed, we compile your final report. This will be sent to you via email. This final report summarises:
- A complete description of your Strengths and Talents that emerged in the Career Assessment System.
- A thorough range of College Courses that would be most suitable for you.
- A list of Careers that you would most enjoy.
- All of the questions we discussed in the feedback session.
- Your CAO and college application choices and preferences.
- A complete list of Website links of courses that will lead you towards careers you will love.
Because we will write everything down for you, you can fully engage with the feedback process, without feeling pressure to remember everything. This report is especially tailor-made for you. Cost of second stage: €425.00